End of August (23-31):
- We found a church we both kind of like and have been going to ever since. We're hoping to meet with the pastor sometime soon to talk about the church and get some more info. We're hoping to get involved somehow because we like to serve.
- It was my birthday on the 28th. :) We didn't do a whole lot but it was still a lot of fun. We had a friend over from LeTU for cake and ice cream, and then we played some board games.
- Hurricane Earl threatened to hit Virginia Beach, so we were kind of freaking out because we had to get to San Antonio for our good friend's wedding. It all worked out because we got out a day early and the storm wasn't nearly as bad as they had anticipated.
- The Wedding: The wedding was so much fun. Bekah (the Bride) asked me to take some pictures because she didn't really want the photographer around while they were getting ready. Here are a few shots I got:
- After we got back from the wedding, I promptly started my online classes. They've been pretty good so far. Lots and lots of reading, but that would be true of any grad school class I took.
- Brad and I have been enjoying the cooler weather (instead of 90+ it's been staying in the upper 70's and lower 80's). I will be very glad when it becomes cool all the time and I can wear sweaters! We've gone down to the water front a couple times to walk on the beach. It's quite pleasant at night.
- I have been having fun spending my birthday money. I've bought some cute new outfits, got my hair cut, and some new jewelry.
- I've also been more daring in the kitchen. Last night I made chicken breaded with bran cereal. It was pretty good, but next time I'm putting less cereal on it. They were kind of brany. I also made twice baked sweet potatoes. SO GOOD. They were more like dessert though. They had cream cheese, sour cream and brown sugar in them. Tasted almost like cheese cake. Not too healthy, but Brad and I split one so it wasn't so bad. My goal is to use sweet potatoes more because they're really good for you. My next recipe endeavor is to make sweet potato fries.
- I've also been trying more casseroles. I'm still very picky about what I will and will not put in a casserole but some of them are really good. My favorite so far has been this casserole that takes a bag of frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots mixes in a jar of low-fat alfredo sauce, and then tops them with dill biscuits. Bake and eat. So good! We've been trying a lot more meatless meals because it's cheaper and usually better for you. I think I am going to try a lentil soup sometime soon too.