1.) Physical Health
- Lose 30 pounds. I have lost 30 pounds this year, which I am super proud of, but I still have 30 more to go to return to my pre-twins weight. During pregnancy and the first couple months postpartum I put on over 80lbs and I don't want to carry that extra weight any more.
- Run the Shamrock Half Marathon in March. I want to run the whole darn thing at a 10 minute per mile pace making my finish time around 2 hours and 10 minutes. Training starts next week!
2.) Emotional health
- Read 20 books. 2014 felt like a year where I didn't do much for myself. I used to read all of the time before I had babies. I want to get back into the habit of reading for fun and doing something just for me. It's a small thing, but I feel it's very important.
3.) Spiritual Health
- Complete the New City Catechism with my Church. I'm really excited to go through this program with my church. I'll have an opportunity to study theology and to make discipline in this area a habit. I struggle with nebulous "do a quiet time" because it feels so unfocused. This catechism at least gives me specific things to memorize and to focus my energy on.
4.) Family Health
- Read to the girls during the day 3 times per week. We already read to them before bed as part of our bed time routine, but I also want to incorporate more reading in our daily lives. I easily sit on my phone during down times and don't engage with Eleanor and Amelia. Reading is a way for us all to spend time together with out Facebook being invited to the party.
- Have defined date nights with Brad once a month. We already watch a show or a movie together on Friday evenings, but I want to have a non-movie date night (in or out depending on the budget) that doesn't involve media.
So there you go, my goals for 2015. What are your goals?