Monday, October 17, 2011

What's for Dinner? Thai Inspired Stir Fry!

Another eat clean recipe! This was adapted from Tosca's book, but I changed it up enough to call it my own rendition. Here's what you'll need:

-Cooked Brown Rice (I think I have about a cup and a half there)
-Chopped onion (I used too much onion in this one according to my husband. I would say probably a half cup or less of chopped onion)
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-3 small to medium chiles
-Cooked chicken cubes (I used four tenderloins)
-Soy sauce
-Fish sauce
-Basil

The great thing about stir frys, is that you can basically put whatever you want in them. Want some more greens in this? Throw in some broccoli or peas. Be creative!


 Put some olive oil in a stir fry pan and saute the onions, garlic, and chiles until onions are a bit translucent.
 Add your chicken and stir it around a bit for a couple minutes.
 Add 1 tbsp fish sauce, 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, basil, and rice. Stir fry for a couple minutes so it's all mixed up and heated through. The basil is however much your heart desires (but probably at least 2 tsp).
Serve and enjoy! :)

No comments: