Thursday, August 15, 2013

For the Nursery: Dresser

 I finally have pictures of the dresser! There were a variety of reasons I waited this long to post it but one of which was that the babies' room was a storage area with stuff all over...well Brad got it in a bit better of shape after he cleaned the carpets up there. Anyway, here it is in all it's glory!

 This is what it looked like before. It was in good shape...but I wanted it to be colorful! So Brad took it apart and sanded it down to get it ready to get painted.
 I won't lie, there were many weeks between the sanding and painting, but that's ok, it eventually got done!

 Here's the finished product! My favorite part of the dresser re-do are the new knobs I put on the dresser. I ordered them from Lelia's Loft on Etsy. She custom made the colors and combined a couple of designs for me. I love them so much!
 None of the knobs match, which is what I was going for. They're half and half owls and chevrons, which is basically the whole theme of the nursery.
The pictures aren't awesome, but I was working with crappy lighting. I think you can see the knobs better if you click the pictures. :)

 We got the cribs delivered tonight so hopefully next week I can show you a sneak peek of the cribs and the wall we painted! :)