Friday, October 10, 2014

Fit Mama: Progress Report

I totally had intentions of doing a weekly progress report...but..uh... that didn't happen. #twinlife.

BUT. Here is a progress report as I finished my 8 weeks of Jillian Michaels.



  • I have only missed ONE workout and that was due to being sick.
  • I have progressed through all of the levels, but I can't do the advanced moves on all of them. 
  • I have lost almost 10lbs since I started, bringing my total weight loss to date to 21lbs. 
  • Since June I have lost 3 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips. The stubborn muffin top/baby tummy is not budging as much as I would like...but there's progress there too!
  • Eating is going well. The only sugar I've been eating is honey or maple syrup and both are used very sparingly. Oh, I also occasionally eat something with turbinado sugar in it.
  • I've been able to go running on Saturdays (or Sundays depending on the weather). I'm up to 2.5 miles. I've noticed it's easier to push this time around than it was when I first started running.
What's next? Well, the girl's routine is naturally changing a little so I think I'm going to start hitting Mt. Trashmore with the double BOB running stroller. We shall see! I'm hoping to do some sort of strengthing workout two times a week and to run three times a week. I need to get going on the running because the half I want to do is in March.

 I'm also investigating gym membership options that fit my (small) budget for when it gets too cold to run outside with the babies. I have a while until that's truly an issue, but I'm keeping it on the forefront of my mind. Ideally, I would like to get a Y membership because they have childcare. A less expensive option is Planet Fitness but then I have to figure out what to do with the girls. Anyone local willing to watch them a couple times a week so I can hit the treadmill?




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Try the rec center! It's $80/ year for VB residents and we love it!

Unknown said...

I've thought about it! But since I'll be needing a treadmill for longer than 30 minutes at a time, I don't think it'll work. :( BOO. Plus no babysitters. But the new kempsville one is going to be so awesome when it's done!