Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday!

Well today is Saturday (finally). It's been a long week. Brad and I both managed to catch the cold that's going around. We were finally getting better by Thursday. Today I think we're both doing ok, just the residual sneezing and coughing. So at least we're mending! We both have abstracts for our Romans class due on Monday so today is a library day getting that finished up. I don't mind doing abstracts, it's just a fancy outline. I really hate writing the exegesis paper. I just don't like research papers of any form, let alone one about a biblical passage. My passage is Romans 13:8-14. I picked it because it seems like a random place to put these particular verses. It's right after the part about obeying the governing authority, so it's kind of weird to start talking about debt/love in the same passage. We'll see what my research reveals.

Last night was grocery shopping night. We splurged and bought brownie mix and ice cream. When we got home we baked the brownies and put ice cream on them. It was pretty good. We got the Duncan Hines mix, and it my experience it had been pretty good... but these brownies weren't that great. The batter was gritty (red flag number 1) and then I baked them for less than the time the box said and they were all dry and stuff. It was weird. I will probably stick to Betty Crocker next time.

Hopefully tomorrow afternoon (after I clean the apartment) I will be able to sit down and look at wedding photos again. I've let them sit for about a month. I hope to get the order to Grandpa by Fall Break or shortly there after. We're also (slowly) working on thank-yous. They're about half done. We just need to finish them and get them out. Those will also probably get done by fall break.... which happens to be not far away at all! I think it's like two weeks away or something. I think on Friday the 17th we're going to try to go to a MudBugs game. They're a hockey team out of Shreveport. I'm pretty excited about that. I hope it's not pansy, southern hockey. We'll see. I'm sure it won't be as exciting as the wings ;) haha.

Tonight is the fall fest banquet. Brad and I decided not to go this year. Mostly because for the amount of money we would spend on it, we could get just as good of a meal elsewhere (with out all the stress of the banquet). So instead of going to the actual Banquet, Jeremy and Anna and Brad and I are going out to dinner. We're getting a little dressed up so it will be fun. We're going to Johnny Carino's, they serve "countryside" Italian food. I've been there a couple of times and it's really good. They have this amazing chocolate mountain ice-cream dessert thing. It takes about an army to eat it all. Haha. I don' t know if we're going to get that or not... we might just stick to real food. :P

Anyway, I need to get going to the library before I run out of time!

1 comment:

Vicki H. said...

12345Hockey, in Shereveport? Really? Well, the chocolate dessert sounds really good but I would get lasagne. Hope you get your papers done.
Mom