Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Just a quick note:


I am alive! :) It's just a busy season between Christmas shopping, getting sick, and upping my running mileage. I will be posting a Style File soon, I'm hoping before the New Year. I am traveling to Indiana and to Michigan, so that's where they're going to be shot! Promise!

But if I don't "see" you before then... Merry Christmas! I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas season and that you allow yourselves to enjoy it. I know that it's really tempting to let stress spoil it all, but don't let it! It's ok to say no to a bajillion holiday parties. It's ok to not have your Christmas shopping done yet. It's ok to not bake one thousand cookies for that Church cookie swap (should have taken my own advice on that one ;) ).

But it is NOT ok to miss out on the joy of Christmas. Spend time with your loved ones. Relish in watching silly cartoons and Christmas movies, all while sipping too-sugary hot cocoa and eating some of those cookies you baked earlier!


I would also like to issue a small challenge. I know I just said relish in the season. And I want you to; but I also want you to think about how you can help make Christmas better for someone else; then I want you to act on that. Donate food to a food pantry. Volunteer your time at Toys for Tots. Serve a meal at a soup kitchen. Give your postman, hair dresser, or waitress an extra big tip just because. Take some cookies to your leasing office or neighbors. Just do something. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: