Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in Review

With it being New Year's Eve, I thought I would do a little year in review post.

2011 has been an interesting year. I feel like we've made no significant changes in our lives, but we did do things. In fact, if I were to describe 2011 with one phrase it would be "Little changes". Here are some of the little changes that affected us this year:
  • Last January, Brad began classes for an M.S.- Mechanical Engineering through Perdue University
  • I started a job at Regent University in April
  • This summer we hosted lots of visitors and traveled lots of places, including Boston.
  • We bought new couches! Haha, I still need to feature them, but only after we get the livingroom finished off.
  • I started training for a half-marathon
  • We re-vamped how we eat, cutting processed foods/sugars and trying our best to follow The Eat Clean Diet
It's been a good year. Tomorrow I'm going to post some goals for next year, so come back then to see what sorts of things I want to accomplish in the next 12 months. Until then, here are my top five Style Files from over the course of the year. I guess they're not a "top five". Just my five favorites. :) 








 I think this year I've allowed my style to sort of "grow up" in some senses because I have to dress professionally (i.e. conservative) for work. But i've also grown up in that I'm beginning to wear what I want to wear, regardless of whether or not it "goes" or is something someone else would wear. I'm having fun, and that's what Fashion is all about, right?


2 comments:

Marcia said...

what an awesome 2011. Love your style file! Look forward to more style, food tips and updates on your running.

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a great year! I so badly want to get into running. I ran for about 15 minutes on the treadmill last week. Hey, it's a start! Nate is running a marathon in May. I don't think I could ever do that.. maybe a half though!

Love the style files! :)