Friday, January 25, 2013

Style File 1-25-13

I thought I would show you a take on "the suit" for work. I've noticed I've been doing a lot of style files of what I would wear outside of work, but I decided that isn't 100% fair. I spend more time at work than I do not at work, and lately when I'm not at work I go home and put on yoga pants (no, there will be no yoga pants featured on the blog). I'll definitely be doing more "at work" style files over the next couple of weeks. I find I quite enjoy the challenge of balancing "conservative office" with my style.

 I feel a bit Mad Men in this outfit. I think it's the bow/ruffle on the shirt.
 I'm really digging the trend of colorful patterned skirts lately. I tried to get a close up of the skirt, but my camera wasn't 100% cooperating and I was freezing. Maybe another time. I enjoy the colors on it though, mustard, grey, and mauve.
Yes, colored tights! Do you know how long it took me to work up the courage to get colored tights? Probably like three winters! And now I will never go  back. Promise.

Outfit Rundown:
Jacket- New York and Company (super on sale!)
Ruffle Button Up- Gap
Skirt- Target
Tights- We Are Colors
Shoes- Me Too (DSW)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice balance of color and pattern. I think that you have a really great sense in making the office suit quite fashionable!