Sunday, January 6, 2013

Things to look for in 2013

I mentioned in a previous post that I want to have a bigger presence on my blog. This might (eventually) involve me moving to another address, but for now it will just be here. I have a couple ideas for things I would like to do:

1- You'll notice that I added a page over on the right called "2013 Reading List". I'm going to record which books I've read throughout the year there, so be sure to check it out periodically. Since I'm in grad school, some of them will likely be boring for you but that's ok. I'm trying to allow myself more time to read this year instead of simply vegging out in front of the TV. I listen to books while I run, so if you notice an audio book that seems to be taking eight months to get through... you'll know why (Lately I've been sticking to 5ks. When you only run 3 times a week for 20 minutes at a time... it will take a while to get through a book).

2- I'm going to put up more recipes. This will be a twice a month thing. They will be healthy recipes and the pictures might only be iPhone pics. If you know me at all, it's that I'm quite passionate about healthy eating (i.e. no processed foods, whole grains, whole (real) foods).  I want to share ways in which I have made this a priority in my life; and if I can do it, you can too! I promise I won't get super preachy though, because the way I eat may not work with your lifestyle. I just want everyone to be healthy in the way that works for their own lives.

3- Meme of the Week. I browse pinterest a lot. And I am forever finding little memes that make me laugh out loud. Some of them are funny because they're true. Some are funny because they're wildly inappropriate. Some are funny because I relate way too much to them. And I want to share some funny because sometimes in the middle of the work day, we need some funny.

4- Style Files. I want to put more of these up. I would like them to be weekly, but since this IS my last semester of grad school I can tell you that it might get hairy. But I am going to try my best. 

Here's the new schedule for things:
Monday- Meme of the Week
Wednesday- Style File
Thursday- Recipe
Friday- random stuff. Like if I decide to do another photo a day, the week's worth of photos will go up here.

No comments: