Friday, April 26, 2013

Style File: 15 Weeks

 Aside from my shirt making my belly look lumpy in these pictures... I really like this outfit. It's comfortable (minus the pants not being maternity) and still fits. Haha. Not one single maternity piece in this outfit. Though I don't think I'll be able to do that for long! I have ordered a few maternity pieces but...pants are tricky. I don't like any of them. Why don't they make normal looking jeans for pregnant ladies? Of course the ones I *do* like are not available in my size. Womp womp womp.
 I have been feeling much better with a few isolated incidents of feeling icky, but overall I am feeling much much better. That first trimester got miserable there at the end. I am glad it is behind me though!

 Note: my shirt is striped, not sure why it cam out all weird like in the picture. Oh well?

Anyway, today I am going to address a burning question I have gotten several times just this week. Are you going to dress them the same? Clearly, if one is a boy and one is a girl no I will not be dressing them the same. Even if they are the same sex, though, I do not plan on coordinating or matching outfits. I want to establish from early on that they are not a two for one deal. They are two distinct babies who will grow into two distinct people. Early on, if they are the same sex, I suspect I'll just have a big pile of clothes and just dress them. Clothes won't belong to one or the other. Obviously, as they get older and their tastes develop that will change. I just want them to be able to be autonomous and not fall into the trap that they're the same person twice. Maybe that's weird of me, but one way I plan to do that is to not dress them alike. Now, when they're older and they choose to dress alike, that's one thing. But I'm just not going to do it from birth. If you have twins and you dress them alike, I am not pronouncing judgment on you or saying that you view your kids as a two for one deal. I'm just explaining my thought process and not really interested in starting a fight. That's the beauty of our current society: we all have the freedom to choose how we want to raise our kids. :)

Happy Friday! 

P.S. 5 weeks until we get to find out sexes! I know you will all be waiting with baited breath, but I'll probably not put it up on here immediately just so we have a chance to tell family first. Just warning you now. Haha. :)


No comments: