Tuesday, December 8, 2009

7:30 finals...

I'm not really sure who thought it would be a good idea to schedule finals at 7:30 in the morning. I had one today. It wasn't a test though, just a presentation. And the professor brough breakfast, so it wasn't too horrible. The building was locked though, when I got there. The cleaning lady saw a group of us locked out, and instead of opening the door for us, she turned around and walked the other way. SO RUDE! If they're going to schedule finals at 7:30, the leas they can do is make sure the building is unlocked for us. Today I also have a Greek final. I'm not really sure how to study for it. It's all translation, so I don't really think you *can* study for it. Two of the verses we've already had, so i'm really not too worried about it. Hopefully this philosophy won't come back to bite me in the butt. After my Greek final at 3:00, I only have two finals left. I'm kind of tempted to take my Thursday final early just so I can be done. We'll see how studying goes. I might need the extra time. As for the rest of my day today, I will be studying for my Doctrines final and studying for my psychology final.

It's cold and rainy out so, I'm thinking I might make some tea to sip on as I'm studying. It might wake me up a little bit too. I'm kind of sleepy today. For some reason I couldn't sleep last night. It took me forever to actually fall asleep. I was too busy thinking of all the things I want to do over Christmas break. So far here's my list:
  • Play my saxophone
  • knit
  • scrapbook
  • watch movies
  • read 
  • Do my Greek homework (yes, I have Greek translations due when I get back from Christmas break. Lame!)
  • make candies
  • lounge around
  • go shopping
I want to go shopping over break. Brad and I have a little money stashed away to use for After Christmas Sales, and I'm sure i'll get some Christmas money. I've lost some weight so a lot of my pants are too big (I know, that's a horrible problem to have. I shouldn't be complaining. I am proud of myself for making my weight loss goal and then some!). Plus, a lot of my pants are just worn out. I haven't gotten a new pair of jeans in awile. So it's time for a great closet purge of all the too big clothes. I am kind of sad because some clothes I bought in August don't fit anymore. They're really nice pants, so i'm thinking I might go see how much it would be for a tailor to take them in a little. Surely it shouldn't cost too much? We'll see. I might just end up buying new pants. I'm hoping I won't have to spend all of my Christmas money on clothes though. I have a few things I need for the kitchen and I just want to buy some stuff. Like scrapbooking stuff, haha. You can never have too much scrapbooking stuff! I need my own room for scrapbooking. It would be awesome!

Anyway, I haven't really started on memorizing the verse I mentioned in my last post. BUT I have been memorizing scripture for my Doctrines exam. I know the motive isn't totally pure in memorizing scripture for an exam, but it can still be useful to life. So here's what I memorized last night (this is totally from memory too. I promise!)

Genesis 1:26-27

 Then God said, "Let us make Man in our image, after our Likeness. Let them have dominion over all the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." So God created Man in His own image, in the Image of God He created him; Male and Female He created them."

:)

No comments: