Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eleven days and eleven hours!

Until Christmas, that is. :)


I finished my finals on Thursday morning. I think I managed to squeak out all As for the semester. I am kind of excited about that. If I am able to pull it off again next semester, I might get my GPA high enough to graduate Summa Cum Laude. Highest honors. That would be nice.

I'm sitting here typing this from my couch because they've finally wirelessed the apartments. I'm really excited about that. It means I can do homework from anywhere in my apartment, instead of stuck at my desk. It's nice to have some freedom and flexibility.Unfortunately, it's a little flakey. I might have to contact IT and let them know that most places in the apartment I get a very poor signal. Brad's little laptop doesn't even pick up the wireless signal. It's a bit depressing.

Today Brad is running sound for the Christmas production that our church and another church is putting together. They're doing a run-through at 3:00 and the actual performance is at 6:00. So Brad will be gone all day. I don't feel like going, so I'm not going to. I don't want to go sit by myself. And i've already kind of seen it. So I'm going to stay here today and do some stuff around the house. I need to fold the laundry, do the Christmas cards, and organize all my junk from this last semester. I think Anna and I are going to get together too. I think Jeremy is working or something, so she's going to be alone most of the afternoon as well. Who knows what shenanigans we'll get up to. Haha.

If we had two cars, I would go out shopping today. It's been kind of a sad weekend. I think it's the weather and such. It's been really rainy and foggy and gross outside. So that's not making me any happier. Maybe shopping would? Haha. Plus, it's just been a busy semester. I think it's kind of "post-semester depression". I finished all my finals and stuff, so I'm finding I have nothing much to do. The last couple of days I was working on a scarf. I finished it yesterday, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to Laura. It was a little thank-you gift for her doing our Christmas card pictures. We didn't pay her or anything, but I wanted to give her something. She deserved it, and the pictures turned out awesome. Now I'm just trying to finish up a previous project I had going. It's a scarf for Brad. I've been working on it for quite a while. It got stuffed in a box after last Christmas, and I've recently rediscovered it. It's over halfway done... but I still have a lot to do because it needs to be so long. That happens when you're 6'2. You need long scarves!

Brad is plugging in the HDMI cable to get the BluRay to do the highdef stuff. It didn't come with the HDMI cable. It doesn't really make much sense to me because that's the cable that makes the player capable of doing Hi-def in the first place. What's the point of getting a blu-ray player if you had no intention of making it do hi-def? That's just silly. I think they should package them in there.

Well, I think I am going to start gathering addresses for the Christmas cards. I am being lazy this year and sticking labels on them instead of handwriting them. But that means I have to make the labels. So that's what I am going to do! :)

-Liz

1 comment:

Vicki H. said...

I stayed home today and worked on projects. I am so glad that you did so well in your classes!! All that hard work paid off.
I am going to work on cards today myself.