Friday, December 4, 2009

Last day of Classes!

Well, it's officially the last day of classes. Thank the Good Lord! :) I am babysitting this morning then I will have my Greek class, and then I'll be done. It's kind of a good feeling. This next week of finals isn't going to be *too* bad, but it's worse than I thought it was going to be. I have an Anthropology paper due, but he has yet to tell us the requirements for it. My schedule isn't too crazy for next week, which is good. I do need to start studying for some of my finals this weekend. For my Greek final we have four verses, two of which we've already translated for our 1 John translations. I'm really not too worried about it, I just need to review a few things. We're allowed to use our dictionaries for our 1 John translations, and for the other two verses we'll get to use our text books as references. Basically, I am not sure how much studying i'm going to be able to do. I just need to practice and review my 1 John translations and make sure I am well versed in flipping through my text book. :) I am a little worried about my Counseling final. Her tests are always so difficult. I think i'm going to start taking notes for that exam this weekend. The final itself is not until Thursday, so I have lots of time to begin reviewing for it. This weekend I also have lots of grading to do. I'm helping one of my professors out by grading some of his journals from one of his classes. He's been sick a lot this semester and has found himself totally behind. Now we're at the end of the semester and he really really needs to get it all done. Dr. Mays, who I usually grade for, also has some journals for me. I think he also wants me to grade the final. I'm not sure how that's going to work though. I have lots of other stuff to do for my own classes.But the extra money will help with our Christmas budget. We've overspent on a few things, but that's ok. We have the money, but the extra income will be nice.

Tomorrow evening Brad and I are doing our little Christmas celebration. We're going to bake Christmas cookies and exchange our gifts. We decided to do it early because we'll be gone for actual Christmas. We had originally decided on December 12th, but Brad's company Christmas party is on that day and we didn't want to try to cram too much into an evening. We're also pretty anxious to exchange our gifts. I really think he will like what I got him. :)

Anna and I have decided we need to start some Bible memorization. To be honest, I never really put much worth in memorizing the scriptures, but I am starting to see the worth of it. It's nice to not have to look everything up all the time. It's also useful because you can spontaneously share verses as encouragement. Right now she's trying to memorize 2 Corinthians 6:6, and I think I am going to join her. My next project is Colossians 3:13.

Brad found out that he will be going up to Canada for work in either February or May. I'm really hoping that if he goes in May that he will be able to go while I'm in Australia. I also hope he doesn't have to go during my Graduation. That would just be very sad and poopy. He also had his 6 month review yesterday. His boss basically said he passes with flying colors and have met or exceeded all of his expectations. He got a little raise too, so that's nice. We are so thankful for a job right now, especially when so many people do not have them.

Well, I think Sam has a present for me in his diaper, so I should probably go change it. I hate poopy diapers.

EDIT:
I just have to say that was the most disgusting diaper I have ever had the misfortune to change. I got it all over my hand! GROSS! GAG!

No comments: