Friday, January 22, 2010

Babysitting!

I am here at Christian and Krista's babysitting Sam. He's napping right now, so I took the time to do some homework and make a blog post!

Tonight I think it's going to be pretty low-key. Matt is in town, so he wants us to go to the skate night (it's put on by the school) with him and Bekah. I think Brad and I are going to pass... it doesn't start until eleven and goes into the wee hours of the morning. We're losers and are in bed well before midnight. Haha. Besides, we're going to do something with them tomorrow at some point. I think we might try to go bowling or something. We'll see, i'm not sure what everyone is going to want to do. I envisioned dinner and a movie, but we'll see how that goes over.

This week has been a pretty long week. I guess it's all about falling into a routine. I hope to have mine established soon! On monday night I'm going to audition for the play Stage Right is putting on this semester. It's "All My Sons" by Arthur Miller. I'm going to try out for the lead role, Ann. The only thing is that the role requires me to kiss another character. Brad and I discussed it, and we're ok with a stage kiss. It's, well, a stage kiss. Devoid of any emotional attachment. And it's just acting. So we'll see how that goes. I should know by next week whether or not I got the role. I think I have a fairly good shot at it. There aren't usually many girls that audition for the lead roles. They're usually begging people to fill them.

I've memorized six verses already this year. I'm already "behind"... I'm supposed to get in 3-4 a week, but I just don't think that's possible with school and everything. My new goal is to have two done a week. So I won't get through my whole stack in a year, but that's ok. I can keep working on it for a while. :)

I think I hear Sam, so I'm going to go check on him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are really doing well on the Memory Verses! I need to do that too. The play sounds like fun, you should try out! You probably have more experience than anyone on campus. Have a great Monday.

Vicki said...

The anonymous comment was me, oops