Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

You may or may not know that I have a bit of an Irish background. Nothing too crazy like having parents who came over from Ireland, but it's definitely in my heritage. As such I thought I would post a few Irish Type things that I like. Some traditional, some definitely not

Claddagh Ring. I love the diamonds and sapphire in this one.

Traditional Irish Music is always awesome...


Ok, so Riverdance is more of a contemporary take on Irish dancing, but it counts. ;)

Shamrock Shake

The Book of Kells
Celtic knots are beautiful. The Celtic artwork is always so intricate and I love it.
 
And Finally, and Old Irish Blessing:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Fun! Love the layout.

I don't have much Irish background to speak of, but Sean's great (great?) grandmother originally came from Ireland. They've traced their ancestry back to a princess from there in the 1100s or something like that. I forget the details. But it's still cool!

Vicki H. said...

I love the ring, I need one of them. All of Irish specials today are great, even the Shamrock shake. :o Happy St Patrick's Day!