Saturday, February 5, 2011

Style File 2-5-11

I finally had a decent day for a photo shoot! I'm still working on getting decent photos.

We had a teaser on Wednesday because it was 68 degrees outside. On Thursday (when I shot these photos) it was a mere 35 degrees. But despite the much colder temp, I wanted to wear a skirt that reminded me of spring. So here's what I came up with!

 I really just love how comfy leggings are. In truth, I hardly ever wear this skirt without tights or leggings because I feel really exposed when I wear it bare legged.   But I think it looks smashing with the leggings and belt. :) Also, I love skirts with pockets.
Don't try this at home! Haha. I took this one to show off my shoes a bit. They're just basic black flats. :)

This was actually an outtake photo, but I thought I would use it to discuss my belt. Haha. I like this belt, it's probably my favorite. It's stretchy and goes with just about anything I want to make it go with. Plus I like how wide it is. I have this weird thing about skinny belts. I feel like I'm not dainty enough to wear a thin belt. I'm weird, I know. The necklace I rescued from a pile of junk my grandma was going to get rid of and the earrings were my moms. I guess that means both pieces are vintage?
And lastly I wanted to show off my hair a bit. I was in the mood to play around, so I curled it all up and pinned it up. It's kinda off to the side and I can't decide if it needs to be over more so it looks like I did it on purpose or what. But I liked the end result, I think.

Blue long sleeved tee JC Penny
Earrings: Vintage
Necklace: Vintage
Skirt: Old Navy
Belt: H & M
Leggings: Kohls
Shoes: Kohls

2 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, I love the skirt! It works so well with the navy blue of your top and the black leggings!! :)

Anonymous said...

Agreed! The skirt is pretty sweet :)