Monday, February 7, 2011

What's for Dessert 2-7-11

Ok... so this one is a dessert! Probably one of my favorites that I've found. I modified the recipe a bit from Betty Crocker. So I am going to give you the original recipe and tell you how I modified it.

Cookie Dough Brownies 
1 box (1 lb 1.6 oz) Betty Crocker® turtle Premium brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
1 container (16 oz) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting, if desired







Print these coupons...
















About Concordance™





  1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. See Kitchen Tip regarding disposable foil pan. Set caramel pouch from brownie mix aside. In large bowl, stir brownie mix, water, oil and egg with spoon until well blended. Spread half of batter in pan.
  2. Break cookie dough into small pieces. Sprinkle pieces evenly over brownie batter in pan; lightly press into batter. Open pouch of caramel from brownie mix; squeeze caramel between pieces of cookie dough, using entire pouch. Spoon remaining brownie batter over caramel and cookie dough.
  3. Bake 34 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
  4. Frost with chocolate frosting. For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.


 Ok, first, I disregarded the brands in the recipe. I usually prefer Duncan Diens to Betty Crocker, but don't tell anyone! I also just used great value cookie dough. Other than that, just prepare the brownies as directed on the package.
 For the love of all things, I don't know how they made these brownies with one box of mix in a 9 x 13 pan. When I make a big batch (like for our small group once) I used two boxes because one definitely was not even remotely enough. But since I'm making a smaller batch, I used one box and a 9 x 9 pan instead of a 9 x 13. These get more cookie doughy, but I like it that way. :) Put half of the batter in the greased pan.
 Now crumble up your cookie dough like so and put it on top of the brownie batter. Push it down a bit to really get it in there. If you like more of a brownie texture use only about half of the roll of cookie dough.
 Then take the caramel pack that comes with the brownies...
 And squeeze it over the cookie dough.

Top it off with the rest of the brownies. Bake it for about 45 min, but definitely start checking it at about 35 minutes. I frosted these with butter cream frosting. But you can use whatever frosting you like, or just leave them plain. Enjoy them! I did. They're so moist and yummy! Definitely my favorite incarnation of brownies I've had in a while.

2 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Okay, I need to try this recipe like NOW! I am obsessed with all things Cookie Dough!! :)

Jay said...

When are you sending me some of these??? I am willing to give up my diet for a day or two or three. Jus t to be a supportive dad of course. lol