Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Terrific Tuesday-- an update post

As I sit here sipping my morning coffee, I've decided to add an official update post to my rotation of posts. So far I have What's for dinner? Mondays, Terrific Tuesdays, Scrappy Wednesday, and Style File Saturday. I'm sure the Terrific Tuesday posts will be more like a twice a month things as I get into the full swing of life, but for now they will be weekly! I also added some pages over there to the right. Check them out. :)

Last week was a pretty great week. I didn't get much scrapbooking done, but I got a lot of other things around the house done. I organized a bit, played Donkey Kong, cooked, and pondered meaningful things (ok, maybe not, but I thought I would throw it in there for effect). I also substituted for two days in a third grade classroom. The class was an inclusion class, so about half of them were special ed. I didn't know that going into the job, so I was kind of surprised when I got there and discovered this, but I wasn't on my own. There was both an assistant, and a special ed teacher that teaches in the classroom with the regular teacher. I greatly appreciated their help because without them I probably would have been running around like a chicken with my head chopped off. That's just not a pretty picture.  I learned a lot and now I think I have a totally different idea of what it's like to work with special education students. Before I had this idea that it would be super hard and would be very very taxing, and I'm sure it is full time. But with the help of others, I found that I can handle those students fairly well. I have no reason to be afraid of them because they are usually sweet students doing the best they can.

Saturday was the first day the workout room was opened again! (If you missed it, the hot water heater exploded and dumped 80 gallons of water all over the clubhouse. They had to redo a bunch of the walls and the floor. All of this happened about three days before Christmas so with the holidays and such, it was a relatively slow process getting it all fixed up). I have been doing workout DVDs (Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred) but I really missed running. So on Saturday I ran a 5K, and I made pretty decent time despite not running on a regular basis for a while. I did hurt myself a bit though, but I didn't know that until I tried going running yesterday (Monday). I apparently have some very sore muscles in my inner thighs (perhaps it's officially groin muscles?) so I could only do two miles yesterday.

So for all you Fitness DVD owners out there... I usually run six days a week. It's great cardio, but I think to lose the last couple pounds of my goal, I need to do some strength training. I'm probably going to drop a running day and do a strength day in the middle of the week. I know once a week isn't a whole lot, but it's a start, right? I was thinking about getting Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones because it's a strength workout (as opposed to Boost Metabolism Burn Fat, which is cardio) or Bob Harper's Pure Burn (or something like that). Which one should I get? On the one hand, I know and love Jillian. On the other, I really like Bob too. Hmm... Decisions. Right now I'm leaning more toward Jillian. Did you know Jillian is coming out with a new DVD this spring? I think it's a follow up to the 30 day shred and it's called "Ripped in 30 Days". One more thing I would like to point out before moving on. On every single DVD cover, Jillian is wearing the same basic thing and posed in the same basic way: She's wearing a sports bra, some tight pants of some sort, and has one hand on her hip. But if you also look, her abs are much more defined on the "ab workout" DVDs, and her butt is a little perkier on the "butt" DVD. Photoshop? I think so. But Jillian is still freaking awesome looking. Seriously... I wish I could have her abs! (the not photoshopped ones).

Saturday we hung out with some friends and watched the movie "The Brother's Bloom". I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Sunday we went to Kohl's and I finally got some jeans that fit me right! I love Levis 515 Bootcut. I will probably buy them until they stop making them. Seriously, they fit me great. I tried doing a Style File featuring them yesterday, but it was  dark gross day out and I didn't like how any of the pictures turned out. Maybe later in the week I'll try again.

Monday, Brad had the day off for MLK day. We didn't do much but it was still glorious. He did school work, I read and played Donkey Kong. We also started watching the show Lie To Me. It isn't my absolute favorite of all time show or anything, but it's entertaining enough to keep me watching it. I also did things like bought groceries, baked the bread for the week, and cooked a scrumptious dinner. But I suppose those things are just a given.

Today I plan to finally sent my broken tripod back to amazon. I have the box the tripod itself came in, but when I got it from Amazon it was also in a brown box. I don't have that anymore. So I'm hoping I can just tape up the product box and slap a shipping label on it because I don't have another outer box for it. I'm going to try anyway, what's the worst they can say? I can't  mail it that way? I'm also planning on doing a bunch of pages today. It will be fun :).

This week I don't have many plans, except on Friday we're having over a couple from our community group (they're dating. Newly dating, not married or anything. Not sure why I felt the need to clarify that?) and I'm cooking a roast. Perhaps a future What's for Dinner? Other than that, I'm just taking the week as it comes! What are your plans for the week? Anything fun and special going on?

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

No comments: