Friday, January 21, 2011

Thrift Store Steal


















I couldn't resist these boots. I was walking through Salvation Army on Wednesday (you know, "Family Day" where all the clothes and shoes are half off) and stopped by the shoes. Generally I don't buy second hand shoes for a variety of reasons, but mostly I think that's gross. Not judging you if you do buy second hand shoes, I'm just really picky about such things.



















Anyway, I was walking along, and on the top shelf of the women's shoes, these were standing there. I swear, they were surrounded in a golden halo and there were angelic voices singing to me. I scooped them up to inspect them. What were they made out of? "Genuine leather". What brand name? Divalesi. Never heard of it, but google revealed it's a brazilian company who is committed to being sustainable and the shoes are rather expensive. I couldn't tell for sure because the site was in Portuguese. What size? 10. Blast, I usually wear a nine and a half, but I decided to try them on anyway. They fit perfectly. It was a match made in heaven. The moment of truth: Price? 15.99 but half off... 8.00! So of course I scooped them up! They didn't have any scuffs on the bottoms or anything, so I'm guessing they weren't even worn outside. I also found a skirt for three bucks, but that's going to get featured in a future style file.


Also, the what's for dinner next week will not be my Chicken Noodle Soup. Change of plans, but I will feature the soup the week after next. This week will be Crockpot Roast and veggies! Yay!

2 comments:

Vicki H. said...

Great boots, the gals at work here want cute boots call for sizes, lol.

Beth C. said...

They are super cute! Great find! I love thrifting when I have the time.