Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

Weeellllllllllll....

After my post last week, I did decide to order the Jillian Michael's "No More Trouble Zones" workout DVD. I waited and waited for it to come on Friday. I put off working out because I wanted to do my new DVD. Well, by four it hadn't come and I was running out of time (I also had company coming over for dinner that evening) so I did the 30 day shred. I kid you not, as I was doing the last cool down stretch, there was a knock at the door. It was the UPS man delivering my new DVD (and other Amazon purchases). I just about died from the ironic humor in it.

As of last wednesday, I officially met my overall, "Long term" weight loss goal. I began my weight loss journey in June of 2009. I thought about it that preceeding January, but didn't really do much about it until June. It took me about a year but I lost 25lbs (sometimes closer to 30lbs depending on what kind of week it was ;) ), and I felt great. I had a specific number in mind (exactly 30lbs) but I was having the hardest time losing that last five lbs. I kicked myself back into gear after Christmas this year, because if I'm being honest with myself I ate a ton of junk starting with Halloween on through Christmas. Anyway, I met that number (and actually, I'm 1lb lower than my number) and I just don't know what to do with myself. For so long I've been conscious of calories, not eating certain things, and working out six days a week. I know I can't just revert back, but I have to figure out Maintenance. To be honest, I've never really maintained the same weight for very long. I was either gaining or losing, but never really maintaining. I know I don't want to gain, and I don't really want to lose more, so now I've gotta figure out how to do that! Any tips? Just for fun here is a before and after shot. I don't know if the first one is just a really unflattering shot or what, but it captures how I felt: kinda big and squishy.





On an unrelated note, I spent some of my Christmas money (I had a bunch of Amazon gift cards I wasn't sure how to use) on another Cricut Cartridge. It's the Jasmine font cartridge. It arrived on Friday, so I'm anxious to use it sometime this week. I'm almost done with my current scrapbook ("Our first two years") and excited to move on to Australia. After that, I think i'm going to take on an ongoing Virginia Beach scrapbook. I've never really done an ongoing scrapbook. I usually pick a theme and scrap all the photos I have from that, and call it good. So this will be an interesting step for me. I'll have to let you know how it goes!

I think that's all I have to update you on... We didn't really do anything extraordinary this week. Just business as usual! :) Have a terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Congratulations on the weight loss - that is such fantastic news for you! You look amazing!

My advice...just remember everything in moderation. The moment you begin completely depriving yourself of something, is when you'll crave it (in large quantities!) the most. :P

Jay said...

That last 5 pounds is tough. I'm proud of you for sticking to it. The moderation thing is tough also. I'm still trying to find that magic number of calories vs exercise.